Everyone loves to talk about virtual robots, advanced AI tech, automated cars, and similar things. Even sci-fi movies inspire us more to explore these things and push us towards advancing the technology behind them. Machine learning software is one of them which is helpful to create such advanced tools and gadgets.
Not many people know about machine learning software. Here’s a brief introduction to machine learning software, methods used in machine learning software, and some of the areas where ML software is efficiently used.
Introduction to Machine Learning Software:
In simple words, machine learning software is software that is programmed to perform and achieve a certain task without the interruption of humans. This is an effort of humans to make the computer or machine intelligent to the point it can evolve on its own.
Machine learning software can make the best decisions and predictions based on past experiences and the data it received. Machine learning software is used in various applications like – face recognition, image recognition, stock price prediction, self-driven cars, etc.
Methods used in Machine Learning Software
To be able to build machine learning software, software developers need to follow 3 methods.
- Supervised Machine Learning: In supervised machine learning, the software is created by using well-labeled training data. Then on the basis of the training data. The trained model predicts the output. Supervised machine learning examples – House prize prediction, Spam detection, etc.
- Unsupervised Machine Learning: In Unsupervised machine learning, the software is created by using an unlabeled dataset or without any supervision. Unsupervised learning is much similar to human learning because it learns from its own experiences. Unsupervised machine learning examples – Data exploration, recommender systems, etc.
- Semi-supervised Learning: Semi-supervised learning is a very good method to bring supervised and unsupervised machine learning together. Semi-supervised is used to solve problems that do not have enough labeled data. Semi-supervised machine learning examples – text document classifier, web content classification, etc.
Some of the Areas Where ML Software is Efficiently Used:
- Science and Technology: Machine Learning software plays a great role in the science and technology fields. It helps scientists with new inventions and discoveries. Whether we talk about research agencies such as NASA, software development, and life science. In every field, ML software helps to make the next decisions.
- Financial Services: The financial sectors (i.e. banks, insurance providers and payment processors use this to identify insights for investments, trading and even ascertaining financial risks.
- Marketing and Sales: Machine Learning software helps in marketing and sales like analysis of the history of purchases and making recommendations for customers.
- Healthcare: In healthcare, Electronic wearable and sensors are the machines. These provide real-time data on blood pressure, and heartbeat.
- Government: Government agencies and services use machine learning in their operations.