Let’s be honest, there’s no way to survive online if your business doesn’t have a website. Having a website is more than a necessity. A website is not just for promotion, it helps you in making users aware of your brand, showcasing your products/services, and more. But, most people shy away from having their website because they don’t know how to build one. Instead of spending money on hiring a web developer, you can try out some of the best website builders.
With more and more businesses going online, you need a way to compete with your competitors. Even if you’re not a business if you’re just an artist or a content creator. A website provides you with a platform to show your skills to the world.
What good are those beautiful pictures if you can’t show them to anyone?
We’ve dedicated some time and some resources to come up with a list of the best website builders for small businesses.
Can I Build My Business Website for Free?
There are free business website builders, but they don’t offer you the functionality to make your website look professional.
Moreover, none of the website builders are actually “free”. Here are some common complications that you will find:
- You can’t use your own domain name.
- The website will be full of ads.
- You may have to pay for templates and add-ons.
- You won’t have complete control over your website.
- You’ll have to pay for some unexpected things.
Although, there are some free options that you can try. Pay attention to what you’re being offered and make sure you choose the one that fits your needs.
Best Website Builder for Small Businesses
Let’s start with our pick for the top 5 website builders for small businesses.
1. WordPress: Most-used Website Builder
Around 43% of all the websites in the world run on WordPress. The reason behind its popularity is the ease of use, flexibility, scalability, and because its customizable.
WordPress is open source, so it's available on all web hosting platforms. Most web hosting service providers offer you one-click WordPress installation functionality.
WordPress makes it super easy for you to install your website. As a matter of fact, you can get your website up and running in a matter of minutes. Deeper customization will take up more time, but the initial setup takes just minutes.
The drag-and-drop functionality is ideal for users who are not familiar with the technology. Plus, the endless range of plugins help in reducing the burden off your shoulders. Some of the best plugin categories include:
- Customizable web and contact forms
- eCommerce stores
- Google Analytics
- Online courses
- SEO Tools
Do keep in mind that WordPress isn’t just for building blogging websites, you can create awesome business websites with it too.
2. Web.com - Best DIY Business Website Builder
Web.com is a simple-to-use, do-it-yourself website builder. With it, you can create a professional-looking business website.
Web.com makes it easy for you to create your website, within minutes. The drag-and-drop functionality is pretty similar to WordPress. And tons of website templates to help you get started.
Pros of using Web.com:
- The tool is highly user-friendly and affordable. The first month costs only $1.95. P.S - this includes a domain name and a professional email.
- The drag-and-drop feature is great.
- There are a lot of marketing tools to help you promote your website.
Cons of using Web.com:
- A domain name is valid only for a year. But this is the same with all the website builders.
- The starter package is affordable, but the functionality is highly limited. If you want advanced features, you need a high-tier plan.
3. HubSpot Website Builder - Best for Automating Marketing
HubSpot website builder is one of the best drag-and-drop website builder. But more than its website-building capabilities, we appreciate the marketing automation.
We absolutely love the plethora of marketing options offered. It gives the power of marketing to the hands of newbies. There’s one feature in HubSpot that we didn’t find anywhere else. Adaptive Testing lets you test up to 5 versions of the same web page to see which one works best.
Pros of Using HubSpot:
- The integrations with CRM make it one of the best tools.
- All the content is on a single platform, improving the efficiency of work.
- While HubSpot is simple, it also has some great features such as email marketing, live chat, and adaptive testing.
Cons of Using HubSpot:
- If you want to build an eCommerce store, then other options would be better than HubSpot.
- Beginners may find the huge list of features confusing.
4. Wix: Fast Business Website Builder
We love Wix because it's fast. Almost all the website builders on our list speed up the process, but Wix makes it even faster. The credit for this goes to the simple yet attractive website templates.
Moreover, Artificial Design Intelligence ADI helps you create content. The platform in itself is clean, easy to use, and fast. Plus, there are some helpful SEO and marketing tools you can use.
Pros of using Wix:
- Wix has over 800 website templates to choose from.
- There are other functionalities that make the tool attractive (SEO, Email marketing, social sharing tools, and Facebook ad tools).
- Hundreds of customizable templates.
- In some Wix versions, you can translate your website in different languages.
Cons of Using Wix:
- Users of Wix may have some trouble adjusting elements to screen sizes. Which isn’t ideal for SEO.
- Moving away from Wix is complicated.
5. BigCommerce: Best eCommerce Business Website Builder
BigCommerce is a great website builder for eCommerce tools. It's built especially for online sales. Some of the biggest brands globally make use of BigCommerce, such as Burrow, Skullcandy, and more.
Pros of Using BigCommerce:
- BigCommerce can help you set up an eCommerce store without much technical tinkering.
- The tool is incredibly easy to use and understand. Even beginners can create their stores in minutes.
- The templates are beautiful and unique.
- You can customize your stores with integrations.
- BigCommerce offers 99.99% uptime and protection from hackers.
Cons of Using BigCommerce:
- Some basic features are missing from the starter plan.