Do you like to see ads while browsing? Of course not. Even some high-end websites contain lots of advertisements including web banners, video ads, and other types of ads.
There’s only one way to tackle these ads You can use an adblocker tool. An ad blocker enables you to track, detect and remove web ads. Not only it enhances your browsing experience, but it also prevents malicious threats.
Here’s our guide on the 9 best Ad blockers you should try in 2023.
List of Top 9 Ad Blockers
Some of the best ad blockers in our list are paid while some are free to use. Explore the list and choose the one that works best for you.
TotalAdblock is one of the best ad-blocking tools that can easily detect and remove online ads.
TotalAdblock is a Chrome extension that enables users to see ads free web pages. TotalAdBlock has a free version and a paid version, here’s the breakdown:
- It is a free ad-blocking platform.
- Premium plan costs $29 per year.
TotalAdblock enables users to block all the ads in a single click.
- TotalAdblock provides has a free plan.
- It can block ads across all web pages.
- Optimizes page loading speed.
- It is a Chrome extension that provides both ad tracking as well as blocking facilities.
- Some advanced features are locked behind the premium plan.
AdLock is an amazing pop-up blocker extension for Chrome and Safari. You can download and set it up within a few clicks and get rid of all ads.
AdLock also offers ad-blocking facilities for Android devices as well. Here’s the pricing policy for AdLock:
- Free extensions for Chrome and Safari.
- Subscription plan for Android at $20 a year or $50 for a lifetime.
- Subscription plan for Windows at $40 or $100 for a lifetime.
AdLock is one of the best solutions for those looking for an effective ad-blocking tool. You can easily block all online ads including malicious ads.
- Runs on Windows, Android, and iOS.
- Free ad-blocking extensions to Chrome as well as Safari.
- In addition, you can also block ads from different platforms including YouTube, Skype, etc.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AdLock protects your personal data from malware attacks.
- You can not remove all the acceptable ads during browsing.
- AdLock is not available at Google Play Store.
AdGuard is the top ad blocker that comes with a range of additional features. It has browser extensions and a mobile app as well.
You can easily use this AdGuard on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android as well. You can find the extension on Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, as well as Safari.
In addition, it has a home solution known as AdGuard Home which enables you to block all ads from all devices in your home. AdGuard offers lots of ad-blocking services for free. The price structure of AdGuard is given below:
- Its lifetime subscription is available only at $79.99.
- Its monthly plan is available at $2.49 per month.
- It offers a trial of 14 days.
Using its parental controls, you can keep your kids away from age-inappropriate content.
- It offers lots of products including browser extensions, AdGuard DNS, etc.
- AdGuard supports almost all devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- It provides ad-blocking services along with secure browsing and parental control as well.
- Using its AdGuard Home, you can easily block all ads from all devices that you are using for browsing.
- It does not remove Acceptable Ads.
4. Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is a free ad blocker tool that helps you to block pop-ups as well as ads on the website during browsing. It supports almost all browsers including Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari as well.
Adblock Plus enables you to browse the internet faster and decreases interruptions.
You can easily run this ad-blocking tool on PC, Mac, iOS as well as Android. can choose to block custom ads with Adblock Plus. The price structure of Adblock Plus is given below:
- It provides its services free of cost to small businesses as well as individuals.
- It only charges money from large entities according to their work.
By default, it enables Acceptable Ads and you can not remove non-intrusive ads from websites. If you want to disable it, you can change its settings. In addition, it offers Acceptable Ads whitelists to businesses, they can apply by filling out the form.
- It supports desktop as well as mobile browsers.
- You can easily access it on multiple devices including Android and iOS.
- It offers an Acceptable Ads whitelist to the companies and thereafter their ads will not be removed from the web.
- You can only run it on browsers on different devices including Android as well as iOS.
AdBlock is one of the best ad blocker tools that enable you to remove disturbing ads as well as malicious ads. Additionally, it increases your browser speed. AdBlocker is available for free in the market. It can even block ads on social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, etc.
It supports almost all browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc. It has a filter list that helps you to create your ad-blocking list. It is completely free to use.
Its Acceptable Ads program keeps all pleasant ads on the web. If you don’t want to see Acceptable Ads while you browse, you can easily disable them. It serves its amazing ad-blocking services to over 65 million users worldwide.
- It supports almost all browsers including Chrome, Safari, and Firefox as well.
- You can easily run it on mobile devices including Android as well as iOS.
- It can block ads, pop-ups as well as malware on social media platforms including Facebook and YouTube.
- It is only available as a website version.
Ghostery improves your web browsing experience and makes it fast and safer. This ad-blocking tool is free for everyone. It offers smart blocking as well as tracking features.
Its user-friendly platform interface enables you to block ads according to your intent. It supports all the top web browsers including Firefox and Chrome.
- It offers customized ad-blocking facilities that allow you to block custom ads.
- It contains an amazing ad tracking feature to track disturbing ads.
- It offers a privacy browser for smartphones including Android and iOS.
- It doesn’t enable Acceptable Ads and removes all the ads.
- No mobile app. Only the web version is available.
7. Opera Browser
It is an open-source browser that offers an in-built VPN as well as ad-blocking add-ons. This free browser is available on the market that you can easily download and run on desktop as well as mobile devices.
Opera Browser will warn you if you click a fraudulent page. It also provides notifications about malware infections. It enables you to add more extensions on it to increase its capability and performance.
- Opera browser is an amazing browser that offers an in-built VPN as well as an ad-blocking tool.
- You can easily install this browser on almost all mobile devices including Android and iOS.
- It doesn’t offer Acceptable Ads to its users.
- Its ad-blocking services are limited to the browser only.
8. uBlock Origin
uBlock Origin is one of the most powerful ad-blocking solutions that enable you to block ads, pop-ups as well as trackers online. It enhances your browsing speed as well as the overall user experience.
uBlock Origin is a powerful browser extension that offers multiple ad-blocking filters to remove disturbing ads. It can disable Acceptable ads according to your intention.
- It can block ads as well as malicious threats.
- It improves your browsing speed as well as your browsing experience.
- You can easily customize filters and whitelists according to your needs.
- It only offers a website version of platforms.
9. AdBlocker Ultimate
AdBlocker Ultimate is a wonderful ad blocker tool that offers multiple browser extensions to block annoying ads. It supports commonly used browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.
It can remove all ads and malicious websites to improve your browsing experience along with your privacy. The price structure of AdBlocker Ultimate is given below:
- It offers a free ad-blocking plan.
- It charges $74.95 for its lifetime plan.
- It charges for its monthly plan at $4.95 per month with a free trial of 14 days.
It provides a free browser for Android devices as well as an app for iOS. It offers a paid application for Windows PC that provides ad-blocking services for the entire system.
- You can easily use it on different mobile devices including Android and iOS.
- It is one of the best ad blockers that can track, detect and remove all ads online.
- Its Windows application can block the ads of the entire system.
- It doesn’t have any applications for Mac devices.
- It doesn’t offer Acceptable Ads.
An effective ad blocker tool can track, detect and remove online ads. Additionally, it can prevent you from malicious websites as well as ads. Many high-ranked sites contain lots of advertisements including ad banners as well as video ads.
If you want to improve your browsing experience as well as prevent yourself from malicious threats, you can use an effective ad blocker tool. The top 9 ad-blocking tools are arranged below:
- Free ad-blocking tools: TotalAdblock, Adblock Plus, Adblock, Ghostery, uBlock Origin, etc.
- Paid ad-blocking tools: AdLock, AdGuard, AdBlocker Unlimited, etc.